The Eastern Regional Silver Stick tournament is sanctioned by USA HOCKEY and THE INTERNATIONAL SILVER STICK HOCKEY ASSOCIATION, INC. The tournament will be conducted under the rules of those governing bodies, with the exceptions as described herein.
1) Half ice with full size dividers and full size nets
2) 4 vs. 4 plus a goalie on each side
3) Recommended roster of 8 to 14 kids per team
4) 2 each 20 minute periods with a minute break in between periods
5) Buzzer for line changes every 2 minutes
6) Each 2 minute shift begins with a faceoff
7) When a goal is scored or the goalie covers the puck, the play is whistled dead and the puck is
placed behind the goal with the on-ice official instructing the scoring team to clear
8) USA hockey rules with penalties – player is removed from ice for balance of shift with no
1) If your team has 2 sets of jerseys, please bring both. If not, please bring a set of pinnies
a. Home team is light and away team is dark
2) All teams must be prepared to play 15 minutes before their scheduled game time
3) This tournament is being promoted as a fun and safe one. Please spread this attitude to
your coaches, parents, & players. Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.
4) A team is awarded 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and 0 for a loss.
5) Tiebreakers for round robin standings will in order be a) Wins, b) Head to Head, c) Goals against,
and d) Coin Toss